CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mannheim Steamroller

I first heard of the group "Mannheim Steamrollers" as leaders in producing Christmas music. And who can't after their latest,fifth Christmas album,Christmas Song hit platinum in less than a week from it's release. So especially during this Christmas period I felt I had to learn more about the band.
One of my biggest questions where what does the name mean. The name "Mannheim Steamroller" actually comes from an 18th century German musical technique,from the Mannheim School. The group's albums are released by the American Gramaphone,which was founded by the group's leader Chip Davis because no major label would produce his first work. One thing I'm still not sure on is how many musicians are members or if there are any real members but it seems there will be great things to hear from the group either way.

The band's website: mannheimsteamroller.com

-NewWave

0 comments: