Sunday, June 29, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
She is one of my favorites. So finding this online from another fan was pretty cool.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
This song reminds me of my friend Carlos who had a daughter who would sing it.
Selena was very talented and put on great live shows. It is so sad that she is no longer here now.
If they appear in your area check them out. They do have a myspace page
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 7:13:00 AM
I actually know someone who is currently learning so I couldn't pass on sharing this one
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
a well deserved Grammy Award winning group
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 2:36:00 PM
378. Coffee Prince Soundtrack (Kofopoi Pofurinsfu)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
374. Thee Out Mods: Rock 'n' Roll Pirates
375. Batman - Motion Picture Soundtrack
376. Makena - by Request
377. Lantz Lazwell
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 1:45:00 PM
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
via CANADIAN PRESS:
Swedish jazz pianist Esbjorn Svensson dies in diving accident at 44
19 hours ago
STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Swedish jazz pianist Esbjorn Svensson has died in a diving accident outside Sweden's capital.
He was 44. His manager Burkhard Hopper says Svensson died Saturday, but further details of the accident were not immediately available.
Svensson and his band, the Esbjorn Svensson Trio, became world renowned with their 2002 album "Strange Place for Snow."
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Concerts At Pershing Square
Pershing Square, the park in the heart of Downtown, has an ample musical lineup, starting with lunchtime concerts most Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon-2 p.m., from June-August. The lineup is augmented with four bigger acts for Wednesday nights from 8-10 p.m.: progressive rock Grammy nominees Ambrosia on July 30, indie rockers Pedestrian on Aug. 6, Sophie B. Hawkins (who has been on the road with Hillary Clinton) on Aug. 13 and the Gin Blossoms (shown here, making their only Southern California appearance) on Aug. 20. The lineup, organized by the city Department of Recreation and Parks, also includes some salsa, kids' shows and films.
Pershing Square, 532 S. Olive St., (213) 847-4970 or laparks.org.
370. Walt Disney Pictures Presents Pocahontas
371. The Art of the Japanese Bamboo Flute
372. Body + Soul: Love Serenade Disc 1
373. Makena - By Request
For President - we're Obama People
but for Lollapalooza we have to vote for Random Ninjas.
Click this link today to help us get them added to the festival
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 2:14:00 PM
PINE-SOL & JET MAGAZINE PRESENT
“WOMEN MAKING A POWERFUL DIFFERENCE THROUGH SONG CONTEST”
2008 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Contest begins 1-28-08/12:00 a.m. EST for all cities and ends at the following dates/times for each of the following cities: (2-27-08/11:59 p.m. EST – Houston, TX; 4-18-08/11:59 p.m. EST – New Orleans, LA; 6-20-08/11:59 p.m. EST –; Charlotte, NC and 8-22-08/11:59 p.m. EST – Chicago, IL). All entrants must mail an original essay of 150 words or fewer nominating and describing a woman who inspires through her community outreach and gospel singing. Entries received will be judged to select 25 women nominated through the eligible entries (“Nominee”). Nominees will be determined in each of the 4 cities. See Rule #4 for the criteria by which contest entries will be judged. The selected Nominees will be contacted by telephone and invited to audition in person for the honor of singing at her city’s EBONY and SISTERSPEAK Luncheon (“Luncheon”). Entrants may nominate themselves and/or another woman; however, each essay submitted must be different. Limit 1 nomination per mailing envelope.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Nominees must be female, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Nominees must be legal U.S. residents who reside in an eligible city. Nominees will need to submit a photocopy of their identification card two days after being notified. Entrants may be male or female, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Entrants must also certify that an essay submission is his/her own original work, has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award and that Official Rules of the contest have been followed. Employees of Johnson Publishing Company, Inc., The Clorox Company, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate as an entrant or Nominee. Professional or former professional performers or who have had their work previously published, or who have signed or been bound by a recording or similar contract with a record company or other third party who represents more than one artist or band are not eligible to be a Nominee.
3. TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY: On a plain piece of letter sized 8 ½” x 11” paper, an essay (150 words of fewer), along with the complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY), daytime and evening telephone numbers for BOTH you (“Entrant”) and Nominee. An Entrant must include his/her relationship to the Nominee. Information for Entrant and Nominee must be labeled as such. Mail a completed entry in a stamped business-size (#10) envelope to: Pine-Sol & JET Magazine Present “Women Making a Powerful Difference through Song Contest,” P.O. Box 5598, Blair, NE 68009-5598. Entries must be received by the deadline indicated in the chart below. Illegible entries will be disqualified. Entries must be complete to be eligible.
City: Houston, TX New Orleans, LA Charlotte, NC Chicago, IL
Entries must be received by: 2/27/08 4/18/08 6/20/08 8/22/08
Nominees selected will be contacted on/about: 3/3/08 5/2/08 7/4/08 9/5/08
Audition Date: 3/15/08 6/7/08 8/16/08 10/11/08
Luncheon Date: March 22, 2008 June 2008 August 2008 October 2008
4. ESSAY JUDGING: Entries received will be judged by representatives of JET Magazine to select 25 Nominees in each of the 4 cities. All judging will be based on the following criteria: Originality and Creativity (40%); Appropriateness to Theme of “A woman who inspires through her community outreach and gospel singing” (40%); and Sincerity of Essay (20%). Limit one Audition per person. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be rejudged based solely on Appropriateness to Theme. Essays must be in English and must be suitable for presentation in a public forum in the sole determination of judges and/or Sponsor. Any essay, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed inappropriate, will be disqualified. Nominees will be contacted by telephone to confirm eligibility. When contacting by telephone, a total of 3 attempts will be made to contact each Nominee. Telephone attempts to each Nominee will occur within a 72-hour period. Inability to reach a Nominee within this time frame may result in disqualification and an alternate Nominee will be determined, time permitting. No messages will be left in the event Nominee is not available. Nominee status is subject to verification and eligibility.
5. NOMINEE AUDITION JUDGING: Each Nominee selected will receive an opportunity to audition by singing one gospel song of Nominee’s choice (5 minutes in length or less) by a panel of judges selected by JET Magazine to compete for that city’s Award. The Nominee can perform acappella or to a CD track. See Rule #3 chart above for audition dates. All audition judging will be based on the following criteria: Overall Performance and Presentation (40%); Style and Creativity (30%); and Suitability to represent the image of an inspirational woman at the city’s Luncheon (30%). Performances must be in English and must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of judges and/or Sponsor. Performances may not include profanities. Any performance, which in the sole opinion of judges and/or Sponsor is deemed inappropriate, will be disqualified. In the event of a tie, tied Nominees will be rejudged based solely on Overall Performance and Presentation. One Finalist per city will be determined. No transportation or accommodations to the audition will be provided to Nominees. All Nominees will be contacted by telephone with information on their audition location and time. There is no retail value associated with any Nominee’s audition. Audition dates/times are subject to change. In the event that any audition does not take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption or postponement, or for any reason beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor may choose not to award any portion of the Award in its sole discretion.
6. AWARDS: Four (4) total Awards will be awarded; one Award Recipient will be determined in each respective city listed in Rule #1. Each Award Recipient will be announced at the Luncheon and will perform the same song performed in her audition at the Luncheon. The number of additional songs (if any) and song titles are subject to Sponsor’s approval. Each Award Recipient (if she did not nominate herself) will be given two tickets to the Luncheon to invite one guest and the Entrant. If Award Recipient nominated herself, one ticket will be provided to the Luncheon to invite one guest. Each Award Recipient may also be acknowledged in an issue of JET Magazine, at the Sponsor’s discretion. The names of the Award Recipient in each city will be posted online at www.ebonyjet.com/jet following the Luncheon in each city. See Rule #3 chart above for Luncheon dates. If potential Award Recipient is unable or unwilling to perform at the Luncheon in her city, potential Award Recipient will be disqualified and an alternate Award Recipient will be determined, time permitting. No transportation or accommodations will be provided to Award Recipients to the Luncheon. There is no retail value associated with any Award components. Luncheon dates/times are subject to change. In the event any Luncheon does not take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption or postponement, or for any reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Sponsor may choose not to award any portion of Award at its sole discretion.
7. GENERAL RULES: Void where prohibited. THERE IS NO RETAIL VALUE ASSOCIATED WITH ANY AWARD. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected or postage due mail or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems or any combination thereof. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Nominee Audition participants must each sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release prior to participating in audition; noncompliance with this or any other Official Rule may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Award. By participating in this promotion, Entrants and Nominees agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. By participating in Nominee Audition, Nominees agree to hold Sponsor, The Clorox Company, their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of acceptance of Award. Sponsor not responsible for typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the Award. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall control.
8. AWARD RECIPIENTS: For the name of the Award Recipient in each city, send a self-addressed stamped (#10) envelope to: Pine-Sol & JET Magazine Present “Women Making a Powerful Difference through Song Contest Award Recipients,” PO Box 5506, Blair, NE 68009-5506, to be received by 11/28/08.
9. SPONSOR: Johnson Publishing Company, Inc., 820 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605.
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 12:44:00 PM
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
You can check Natz and his group Rusika out via Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/rusika
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 5:11:00 PM
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Koda Kumi's Feel
Online Videos by Veoh.com
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 12:59:00 PM
367. Earth Wind & Fire - Greatest Hits
368. The Dialectics - alchemy
369. All Ages - What Do You Believe?
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Please consider voting for them. We truly believe they would be a great addition to the tour
"The official Lollapalooza band bout is back! It's an online band battle with the ultimate grand prize: a spot on the 2008 Lollapalooza lineup. Artists put their blood, sweat, and tracks online and fans can listen to tons of free music. Watch the story unfold here and tell us who deserves to play Lollapalooza."
Tell everyone you know to vote for Random Ninjas! You can vote EVERYDAY!!!
Click here to vote for Random Ninjas
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 10:56:00 AM
Friday, June 6, 2008
June 4, 2008
1. Thomas Godoj - Love is You
2. Duffy - Mercy
3. Ich + Ich - So Soll Es Bleiben
4. Madonna - 4 Minutes
5. Mark Medlock - Summer Love
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
1. "Hard Candy" Madonna
2. "3 Doors Down" 3 Doors Down
3. "Rockferry" Duffy
4. "Spirit " Leona Lewis
5. "Home Before Dark" Neil Diamond
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 8:49:00 AM
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 3:19:00 PM
Monday, June 2, 2008
363. Ron Kenoly - God Is Able
364. Ron Summers & Nu Rev - N Time
365. Word - Epic Gospel Presents Live at GMWA
366. The Best of Ohio Players - The Millenium Collection
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 5:38:00 PM
June, 7 2008 at Pista Sa Nayon Fiesta
Vallejo Waterfront, Vallejo, California
Cost : FREE
June, 8 2008 at Fiesta Filipina
San Francisco Civic Center, San Francisco, California
West Indian Girl
June, 19 2008 at Rickshaw
Not Available , San Francisco, California
June, 27 2008 at Los Angeles Arts District / Little Tokyo
821 Traction Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90013
Eli *Paperboy* Reed & The True Loves
June, 7 2008 at The Fillmore @ Irving Plaza w/The Slackers
17 Irving Plaza, Manhattan, New York
Posted by A Family/Group Member at 8:20:00 AM
Sunday, June 1, 2008
356. MaryMary - thankful
357. M.C. Hammer - Too Legit to Quit
358. M.C. Hammer - Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em
359. Floetry - Floetic
360. Prince - Graffiti Bridge
Saturday - May 31, 2008
361. The Best of Ohio Players - The Millennium Collection
Sunday - June 1, 2008
362. The Best of Ohio Players - The Millennium Collection